Pages

Sunday 14 February 2010

Who wouldn't want a triceratops handbag?

I fell in love "tout de suit" as I saw them. They brought back cloudy memories of my 10 year old self - the age when I was fascinated by dinos, watched Denver and was afraid of T-Rexes. Though I have to confess I always thought triceratopses were the cheesiest of them all, since the Giles Spring-Summer show I am convinced - Triceratopses are COOL. Especially if they come as a fashion accessory. No, not in the usual "inspired by" way. The "actual dino on the catwalk way".

As actual as they can be, an extinct-reptile-teddy-handbag is a good try - now I only have to decide which one I love more  the copper-green metallic one or the grey velvet.Definitely my next DIY project, I already have some metallic fabric that'll do. I only need to find a way to recreate a 3D dinosaur from scratch... buying a stuffed one and turn it into a handbag wouldn't be the "couturiere-way" to do so.
Anyhow I will get one to wear with my Tromp l'oeil dress --> SS10 look No1

By the way dinos and fashion: love the velociraptors on Oxford street - check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment